Small Business Plan Competition
2014 Business Plan Competition
The Chicago City Treasurer’s Office is proud to announce the upcoming launch of the annual Business Plan Competition. The competition will be open to start-up and existing small businesses throughout the city. If you need any advice, come by one of our free workshops! Dates are listed below.
- Business can be a start-up venture or an existing business. Existing businesses should not be in business more than 3 years and should have revenues below $2 million.
- Ten finalists will then be selected to submit a full business plan.
- Three winners will be selected based on their ability to clearly and concisely articulate their business idea, the creativity and practicability of their marketing and sales strategy, and the overall viability of their business.
- Winners will be announced during the Small Business Expo in October!
- Prizes include $7,500, $5,000 and $2,500!
Important 2014 Dates:
All Business Plan Workshops are from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. unless otherwise stated (Each workshop will cover the same material, so it is only necessary to attend one.)
- WKS #1: March 14th, Cultural Center, GAR Hall, 2nd floor, 78 E. Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. (Register here)
- WKS #2: April 17th, QUAD Communities, Parkway Ballroom, 4455 S. King Dr, Chicago, IL 60653 (Register here)
- WKS #3: May 15th, Chicago Urban League, 4510 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60653 (Register here)
- WKS #4: June 12th, Harold Washington Library Center, Cindy Pritzker Auditorium, 400 S. State Street, Chicago, IL 60605 (Register here)
- June 23rd- Executive summary due
- August 5th- 10 finalists announced
- August 25th- deadline for Finalists’ business plans
SAVE THE DATE!
Chicago City Treasurer’s Small Business Expo
October 3, 2014
725 W. Roosevelt Road
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org