2016-2018 City of Chicago Broker/Dealer Request for Information
The City Treasurer’s Office is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications from financial firms interested in becoming approved broker/dealers for the City of Chicago in 2016-2018.
Each year, the City Treasurer’s Office compiles a list of approved brokers/dealers for the year based on responses to the annual City of Chicago Broker/Dealer Request for Information (“RFI”). Applicants interested in being considered must complete the RFI in its entirety and submit all responses to the City Treasurer’s Office in hardcopy form by Monday, December 21, 2015.
Please click the applicable links to find the following:
1. RFI Questionnaire & Certification
2. Supplemental Reference Materials , which includes:
a. Investment Fact Sheet
b. Statement of Investment Policy and Guidelines
c. Portions of the Municipal Code relating to Investment of City Funds and Municipal Bonds
d. Copy of the Public Funds Investment Act (30 ILCS 235)
3. City of Chicago Disclosure Statement & Affidavit City of Chicago Disclosure Statement & Affidavit (EDS) (“EDS Forms”)
4. Scope of COC Interface
5. Minority Participation Affidavit
The following items must be submitted by the applicant and approved by the City Treasurer in order for the applicant to qualify for consideration as a broker/dealer for the City of Chicago:
4. City of Chicago’s Economic Disclosure Statement and Affidavit (“EDS”) (Exhibit A)
5. Scope of City of Chicago (“COC”) Interface (Exhibit B)
6. Minority Participation Affidavit (Exhibit D)
7. Complete Finra CRD Report(s) for sales coverage
8. Sample of commercial paper inventory or Firm list of A-1/P-1 issuers (if applicable)
9. Sample client Mini RFP
10. Most recent MA Rule Disclosure Letter (if applicable)
11. Most recent certified financial statement(s)
12. Current FOCUS report
13. Certification(s) with dates for MBE, DVBE, WBE as applicable
14. Applicant’s policy on equal employment opportunity efforts
The entire package must be returned no later than Monday, December 21, 2015 to:
Ms. Nancy Candelaria
Office of the City Treasurer
City Hall, Room 106
121 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Responses received after the Monday, December 21, 2015 deadline will not be accepted. The Office of the City Treasurer will make its decision and notify your firm regarding its status as an approved 2016-2018 broker/dealer on or before January 15, 2015. Please make sure to review both the City’s Statement of Investment Policy as well as the Municipal Code of Chicago.
Thank you for your interest in working with my Office. Please feel free to contact Ms. Miriam Martinez at (312) 744-8422 should you have any questions.
Kurt A. Summers, Jr.
Treasurer, City of Chicago
2014 Approved Broker/Dealers
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Blaylock Robert Van, LLC
- BMO Harris
- Cabrera Capital Markets
- CastleOak Securities, L.P.
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
- D.A. Davidson
- First Tennessee Financial Capital Markets
- Great Pacific Securities
- JP Morgan Securities
- Loop Capital Markets, LLC
- Mischler Financial Group, Inc.
- Northern Trust Securities
- Pierpont Securities
- Rice Financial Products Company
- Samuel A. Ramirez & Co., Inc.
- Siebert Bradford Shank
- The Bank of New York Mellon
- The Williams Capital Group, L.P.
- Wells Fargo Brokerage Services, LLC