Paying for Higher Education
Regardless what type of degree or certification you get, there are four basic steps you should follow:
Step 1: Research your school options
- Does the school have the degree you want?
- Is the school accredited and have a good reputation?
- How much is tuition? How much will you owe when you graduate?
- Look at lower cost options such as community colleges
Step 2: Get to know the four types of financial aid
Talk to a school counselor or the financial aid office and ask them about:
- Low-interest Loans
- Work Study
Step 3: Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid HERE
Need help filling out the form?
Step 4: Learn about your loan repayment options when you graduate
Need more information? Visit this helpful website: Federal Student Aid
Need help comparing college financial options? Try CFPB’s new comparison tool
Local Events and Workshops
- FAFSA Help by Ladder up (Click Here for Locations and Times)