The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a federal freedom of information law that allows for the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government. The Act defines agency records subject to disclosure, outlines mandatory disclosure procedures and grants nine exemptions to the statute.
Freedom of Information Contact
Address: 121 N LaSalle, Room 106, Chicago, IL. 60602
Illinois-mandated FOIA Information
- Purpose of the Office - The primary mission of the Office of the City Treasurer is to manage the City’s cash flow and investment portfolio while adhering to its stated investment objectives – ensuring the safety of principal, maintaining adequate liquidity, maximizing investment returns, and utilizing investments to promote economic development throughout the City.
- Office Organization Chart
- Annual Operating Budget – $2.2 Million
- Office Location – 121 North Lasalle St., Room 106
- Number of Full and Part-time Employees – 23
- Advisory Boards – None